While Queanbeyan-Palerang is not home to large shopping centres and the shops you find on Rodeo Drive or The Avenue des Champs-Élysées, the region is known for artisan makers, local produce and beautiful boutiques. Welcome to shopping in the Queanbeyan-Palerang region.
Queanbeyan – Shopping session one
- Pop into one of the Queanbeyan riverside cafes – MillHouse Café, 4th Seed or the Riverbank of Queanbeyan Café and grab a morning kick starter (coffee or other beverage).
- Depart Queanbeyan as you head east on the Kings Highway for our second destination of Bungendore (20 Minute driving time).
Bungendore – Shopping session two
- Welcome to Bungendore – a town of galleries, cafes and boutiques. Stop in for a visit to the Woodworks Gallery, or pop across the street to the Village Centre – filled with beautiful boutiques and eateries.
- Explore Malbon, Gibraltar and Molonglo streets for a range of extravagant antique stores, beautiful galleries and jewellers, retro retailers and exquisite dining.
- If purchasing some local wines takes your fancy, the Bungendore Cellars has a large range from the Queanbeyan Palerang’s operating wineries.
- Take some time to explore Bungendore as there is so much to see and purchase – when you’re ready, jump back in the car for a quick, scenic drive to Braidwood.
Braidwood – Shopping session three
- Welcome to Braidwood. The only heritage listed town in Australia and it is completely alive. A shoppers’ delight, Braidwood is a mecca for boutique shopping, local artisan made arts, jewels and the amazing freshness and vivacity of the regional produce that is served up into fine local cuisine.
- Check out Saloon Design House and Mr. Mr. Store for a variety of beautiful fashion and accessories – locally designed and inspired by the hearts of Braidwood and drop into Casanova’s or Deadwood for a coffee or glass of wine, a meal and range of goodies that are hard to find elsewhere.