Queen Elizabeth Park includes playground equipment, a large oval space for picnics, a wet-play area, barbecues and shelter area, walking and cycling paths, a terraced amphitheatre and a stage area directly adjacent to the river.
The Queen Elizabeth II Park and Collett Street project was the first recreation park to be awarded an IS rating from the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia, achieving an Excellent As Built rating. This involved:
– A reduction in energy by installing LEDS for park lighting
– Solar panels to power the lighting and irrigation system
– Improving topsoil productivity through seeding stockpiles
– Water minimisation through gravel and sand reuse
– 100 percent diversion of inert non-hazardous waste from landfill through composting