Welcome to Queanbeyan, where you will discover a dynamic regional city and endless choices to explore in the surrounding region, saturated with heritage, culture, nature, sport, food and wine.
Queanbeyan itself is a relaxed city offering a range of key events that occur throughout the year, along with all of the attractions of our Nation’s Capital and the beauty and energy of the surrounding region. Queanbeyan is the ideal base for exploring the entire Canberra Region, the nearby Snowy Mountains and the majestic unspoilt south coast.
Escape from the city and discover nearby historical towns or take a scenic drive and explore the region’s beautiful countryside and national parks. A visit to the rich and varied cellar doors on Queanbeyan’s doorstep is a must.
With so much on offer, the City of Queanbeyan is a fantastic destination whether it’s for work, pleasure or simply to discover your undiscovered.
Queanbeyan is home to some of the region’s most diverse events. The city has a great array of artists who exhibit year round in the many galleries and studios or check out the artists’ workshops on the QPRC Arts Trail.
‘The Q’ Performing Arts Centre is one of the city’s hidden gems and puts on world class theatre across the year.
The Queanbeyan Rodeo is one of the best in the state and the list of fantastic events goes on; for more information on all the great events check out what’s on as there is sure to be an event perfect for you and your travelling companions.
Things to do in town
The beauty of Queanbeyan is that everything is centrally located, nestled in the tree-lined streets of a truly picturesque country city. There are plenty of places to stay, from caravan parks to motels, all of which are close enough to walk to from the main CBD where visitors can find shopping, restaurants and clubs.
- Explore Queanbeyan’s museums and historic buildings on the Heritage Walking Tour.
- Explore the many nature reserves and national parks to see the animals in their natural habitat and soak up fresh air and unspoilt nature.
- Stop by the Googong Foreshores; take a picnic, a walk, go for a swim at the Googong Cascades or see what you can catch on the end of a fishing line.
- Head up to the Rex Cross Lookout and see Canberra and Queanbeyan from up above.
- Explore the region on a scenic road trip, stop at the towns of Bungendore or Braidwood and explore the wineries or country markets.
- Take in a show at the Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre.
- Stroll through the beautiful Queanbeyan Park or take in the abundant serenity and wildlife along the Queanbeyan River.
- Visit the Queanbeyan Museum located in the residence of the old police sergeant and check out the incredible wall mural from another era; truly brilliant!
- Walk the ridge trail that circles the Molonglo Gorge and pack a picnic that allows you to relax with spectacular, panoramic views.
Don’t forget, that Queanbeyan is just one of the precious jewels in the Queanbeyan-Palerang crown. The nearby villages offer a combination of rich heritage, exquisite handcrafts, boutique shopping and fabulous culinary choices.
Queanbeyan residents are extremely proud of their past and are humbly confident of its bright future as a great place to live and visit, so come and see for yourself!